You can read an interview James Cameron Online did with author Ian Nathan here – http://www.jamescamerononline.com/TerminatorVault.htm
I saw American Reunion a few months ago and felt compelled to buy it I just loved it that much I had to add it to my Blu-ray collection. That and American Wedding were my two favorite sequels outside of the original no knock on American Pie 2 I just felt the latter two movies had stand-out stories. How was it having the entire gang from the original film back in American Reunion? I happen to love the film but it felt like the perfect wrap-up to the series tying up all loose ends it seems. Is the series done or is it possible for more American Pie sequels in the future?
Around the time of making American Pie 2 was a busy time for me. I remember filming Stealing Sinatra, Halloween Resurrection and Rules of Attraction all in the same year. I thought that it would be cool that my first horror movie was part of the Halloween legacy. I also got the chance to choose between a couple of characters. I could either die 3rd in the film or 3rd to last. I’ve seen so many horror movies and knowing all the pitfalls I thought it would be so cool to be a semi-recognizable face but die much earlier than the audience expected. My own little inside joke.
- Product placement in pictures: American Reunion (brandsandfilms.com)
- Seann William Scott, model girlfriend Lindsay Frimodt end engagement (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Upcoming Movie The Lost Tree Starring Thomas Nicholas (blazingminds.co.uk)
- Halloween Videos #2: Misc Videos (newsfromthespiritworld.com)
- Halloween- 1978 Directed by John Carpenter (mmmovieandfilmreviews.wordpress.com)
- *Mezco Halloween 2: Michael Myers Action Figure (mezcohalloweenmichaelactionfiguresale3w.wordpress.com)
- It’s splitsville for Stifler and sexy model (nydailynews.com)
- John Cho – MILF Guy #2 – American Reunion (steeshes.com)
- Seann William Scott Ends Engagement with Lindsay Frimodt (news.softpedia.com)
Hi everyone. Just wanted to say Thanks for getting me over 10,000 hits on the site. You might have noticed I haven’t had a new post in awhile. The reasons vary from one being very sick (still am) to other things coming up in my life that has been stressful the past couple years. Another issue I’ve been having is Blu-ray player problems which I solved recently by getting a quality new one (knock on wood) at a cheap price. Also I have this annoying scratch on my Dell XPS Laptop that doesn’t allow me to see much of anything in my lower right hand of the screen (and I need my laptop for Blu-ray 3D reviews). Hopefully people can make purchases if they are interested in the product through my links to Amazon which will get me some kickback to help either repair or replace my laptop so I can get back to doing what I love which is providing you all with movie reviews and other reviews on entertainment topics.
Here are some current review movies I have recieved and am in the process of watching/reviewing. -
Annie’s life is in jeopardy after she witnesses the horrific murder of her closest friend. Fleeing from two attackers she stumbles across Kyle, a recluse living in the middle of the woods. Two worlds collide in this grindhouse psychological thriller that will make you question your trust in mankind. Written, directed and starring Michael Biehn (The Terminator, Aliens, Grindhouse: Planet Terror, The Divide.) Also starring Jennifer Blanc (Hatchet III), Danielle Harris (Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers) and Tanya Newbould (X-Men: The Last Stand.)
Genres: Horror, Thriller
Cast: Jennifer Blanc, Tanya Newbould, Michael Biehn, Danielle Harris
Mini Review – Watched this in it’s entirety twice last night once for the movie itself and the 2nd time for the commentary by Michael and Jennifer Biehn. Amazing work here. Michael has crafted a fun story and brought it to life in his Directorial debut. The real-life couple has amazing chemistry onscreen (also see The Divide for more from the pair) which is a rarity for real couples (see Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez in Gili). I highly recommend this movie if you love horror, mystery, drama, action and suspense. Not for those who have an issue with nudity, sex or violence. I’m hoping for a sequel. Stay tuned for my full review on Movie-Vault.com and a partial excerpt of that here. You can pre-order The Victim on Blu-ray (release date – 9/18/12) by clicking the picture link (and showing much appreciated support for my reviews) and The Divide on Blu-ray by clicking my word link earlier in this post. DVD orders of both titles will be posted in picture links below.
- Exclusive Theatrical Trailer Premiere for The Victim (dreadcentral.com)
- Fantasia 2012: Michael Biehn and Jennifer Blanc-Biehn Talk The Victim and More! (dreadcentral.com)
- Blanc Biehn to remake ‘Hidden in the Woods’ (variety.com)
- Fantasia 2012: A Remake Found Hidden in the Woods (dreadcentral.com)
- The Victim 2011 DVDSCR AC3-2.0 XviD-AXED (extratorrent.com)
- “4 Points” Live From NerdMelt (nerdist.com)
- Blu-Ray Review: Halloween 4/5 (horror-movie-a-day.blogspot.com)
- Fantasia 2012: The Victim Chosen as an Official Selection (dreadcentral.com)
- Drunk Good Idea/Sober Bad Idea: Halloween 4(drunkgoodideasoberbadidea.wordpress.com)
Ultimate Spider-Man # 3 Review -
Writer – Brian Michael Bendis
Artist – Sara Pichelli
Spider-Man has always been present in my life like most men my age. From kids who wore Spidey jammies ala “Master Bates” from the movie The Toy to today’s children who gets their Spider-Man from movies, games, cartoons, toys, other merchandise and finally comics. My Spider-Man was always Peter Parker whether it was through his cool phase of college dating women like Black Cat and later his future
wife Mary Jane Watson Parker. This new Spider-Man is costume-less as of issue 3. As a child I would probably have been annoyed by this fact but as a 36-year-old adult I find this really refreshing.
Miles Morales is an interesting take on this been-there-done-that (including clones, extra arms and an undone
marriage thanks to Joe Quesada) tale of Spider-Man. He has both his parents, alive and well to guide him through life unlike the tragic tale of one Peter Parker. He is a highly reluctant hero in making. He doesn’t want these powers. He wants the uncomplicated life he led before being bitten by a stolen-genetically altered spider. All this along with his different race which you can easily forget about as the story draws you in and makes you forget the world around you.
Writer Brian Michael Bendis (Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers) who created the original series along with this current one as well as putting Avengers on the map has crafted a tale that is entirely enveloping. It is easy to relate to and root for the character of Miles Morales. You root for him as the ultimate under-dog this side of Peter Parker (who plays an off-scene role in this issue). Action is sparse and children as well as some adults might be impatient for Miles to costume up and swing some webs (which he used done yet whether organic or home-made webbing further keeping that mystery going for the moment). Brian tells an interesting story that both satisfies (again if you’re not crawling the walls impatiently waiting for action or further development towards Spider-Man activity) and keeps you wanting more dying for the next issue as soon as this one is done. The friendship with Miles’s lego-loving friend is also a swerve from the world of Peter (friendless) Parker. He is not going through these changes alone and this brings along all kinds of twists and turns along the way. Imagine getting these powers and having a friend to help guide you along the way.
Artist Sara Pichelli brings a refreshing style eerily similiar to Pat Lee‘s work in the early IDW issues of Transformers. Nothing seems crowded feeling like there is room to breathe and enjoy the scenery and pay attention to every little detail. We finally are given a glimpse of more action than the first two issues combined and Sara does well in showing what takes place without blurring, speed-lines and multiple-Miles to show his movement in his heroic scene at a burning building.
Colors by Justin Ponsor is a combination of vibrancy and life that comes along with youth like a character Miles’s age and a realistic level to not be too far out there. I’ve dabbled in coloring myself and I just love the colors that pop off the page yet keeps us grounded as well in realism.
To sum it up Ultimate Spider-Man issue 3 is like a nice slow dance with the (man or woman) person you’re highly infatuated with leaving you wondering where your relationship is going but enjoying each moment for what it is and what is yet to come. Obviously you can tell I absolutely love this series!
Joe’s Verdict – Must-buy for everyone not inpatient!
- Marvel Reveals the new ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN (geektyrant.com)
- Ultimate Comics Continue To Swing & Burn Off Store Shelves! (graphicpolicy.com)
- App in offerta: Spider-Man: Total Mayhem HD (Games) (evilrit.com)
- Does Whatever A Spider Can – A One Season Wonder (thethumbcast.com)
- Ultimate Spider-Man Spoiler of the Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
- Look Out World! Here Comes Miles Morales – The New Ultimate Comics Spider-Man! (graphicpolicy.com)
- Finished! The Amazing Spider-Man: Crime and Punisher (abookaddict.wordpress.com)
- Meet Miles Morales – The New Ultimate Comics Spider-Man -The Most Talked About Super Hero Of The Century! (graphicpolicy.com)
- The New Ultimate Spider-Man Is Black, Inspired By Donald Glover (buzzfeed.com)
- The All New Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1 Is In Stores Now! (graphicpolicy.com)
- Utimate Comics: Spider-Man #1 Review (mycomicbookreviews.wordpress.com)
- The New Ultimate Spider-Man Debuts Just in Time for Edge of Time [Spider-man] (kotaku.com)
- Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #2 Review (readrant.wordpress.com)
- Miles Morales- New Details revealed!!! ” Blacksuperheroesworld (mmcelhaney-media.blogspot.com)
- Spider-Man: Edge of Time gets Ultimate Comics costume (gamesradar.com)
- Ultimate Spider-Man takes flight in a new skin (cbsnews.com)
- ‘Spider-Man: Edge of Time’ Review (gamerant.com)
- Character-Wish: “Man-Spider” (greyzealot.wordpress.com)
- Spider-Man Dies Before the Opening Credits in Edge of Time [Video] (kotaku.com)
- 10 Superhero Movies We’re Glad Never Happened [Video] (io9.com)
- Sony Schedules ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2′ Release Date (screenrant.com)
- Not Married to Mary Jane (learnfrommyfail.failblog.org)
- Why the new Spider-Man matters, (mmcelhaney-media.blogspot.com)
- New Comics, 10/12/2011 (musingsofthemustachioedstrangers.wordpress.com)
I just had the pleasure of watching one of, if not the best behind-the-scenes documentaries on one of my favorite movie franchises. Scream: The Inside Story premiered tonight (April 6th, 2011) at 8PM EST. Being the super-Scream fan that I am I had to watch. It would be almost sacrilegious for me to not watch this, but would it be good? Really what could they tell me about Scream that I did not already hear, see in DVD/Blu-ray extras and reading online from various sites? Well, the answer turned out to be a hell of a lot!
A rundown of some things you might not know – Drew Barrymore was originally set to play Sidney Prescott, but had a change of heart and suggested herself that her stardom could be used to throw the audience in the beginning of the film. Scream also has a haunting resemblance of a real-life killing spree which is touched upon in this documentary. Also mentioned in far deeper depth than in the past is Kevin Williamson’s inspiration for writing Scream, Wes Craven’s need for a come-back hit and the casting of Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox and others. The problems with the town and Scream’s crew are really expanded upon. The battle with the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) over rating also is discussed. Pieces of murders are cut to get the desired R rating instead of NC-17. What’s ironic is this is shown on a network uncensored whereas minor cussing is bleeped. The irony of censorship never ceases to astound me. Also the discovery of the Ghostface mask in the house flesh out the character and give him a look that was unknown going into the film, much like the film that Scream pays homage to….John Carpenter’s Halloween.
While it is well-known that the story was originally titled Scary Movie (which of course became the title of the spoof of Scream, which is part spoof itself) was changed to Scream, it is not as well known that Michael Jackson’s song Scream helped decide the name-change. Not only was he the King of Pop but he helped define one of the most successful horror series ever in film. Of course the documentary sets up the upcoming Scre4m coming to theaters near you on April 15th, 2011
- Check out the trailer for A&E’s SREAM Documentary- SCREAM: THE INSIDE STORY (geektyrant.com)
- Scream 4 Soundbites: Wes Craven (dreadcentral.com)
- Interview: Scream 4 Director Wes Craven On Keeping The Franchise Alive (cinemablend.com)
- ‘SCREAM 4′ GUEST BLOG: Wes Craven Looks Back On The Decade Of Horror Since ‘Scream 3′ (moviesblog.mtv.com)
- Scream: The Inside Story Webclips Now Online! (dreadcentral.com)
- Scream 4 Soundbites: Neve Campbell, David Arquette, Courteney Cox (dreadcentral.com)
- BIO Presents “Scream: The Inside Story” (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
- ‘Scream 4′: See new EW cover! (popwatch.ew.com)
- Debut Trailer: Scream: The Inside Story (dreadcentral.com)
- Framed: Scream (moviefone.com)
Hollywood Tonight by MJ
JH – You’ve been on cult TV shows like Highlander: The Series and the fifth film
in the movie series Highlander: The Source and Dark Shadows during the 90’s as well as films like Last Rites and Love Potion No. 9, do you have any special stories to share from your career with your die-hard fans?
AP – There are many stories that I don’t have time to tell. But on The Source we spent many days trying to shoot the absurd amount of action in the non-existent time we had to do it. Dark Shadows gave me the opportunity to be visited by a real ghost or presence that I felt during filming at Greystone mansion. Last Rites, I ate cockroaches in the salad that was prepared in our honor at a buffet, and Love Potion Number 9 Sandra Bullock still owes me a necklace after she jumped on my back accidently pushing me into a wall, cracking the one I was wearing. LOL
JH – Little known fact that you were a dancer and choreographer. Who did you work with and what music videos did you appear in?
AP – My dancing days were when I was doing travelling shows for sportswear companies like Adidas, Colmar, Head and a bunch of others. It was a great time to be young and single. The music videos I did were with Sheena Easton and Duran Duran.
JH – Who are the major influences on your career, which actors inspire you and your work and who would you love to work with?
JH – Are there any special parts you wish you could have done, turned down, or would love to do in the future?
AP – Well there are a couple. Bond would have been fun but now that is gone. I like playing roles that excite me and the script has a lot to do with that. So I will wait for the script that makes me say, “yes this is really a role I want to do”.
Click the pictures to read the full interview with Adrian Paul @ Movie-Vault.com!
- The Highlander Remake Is Slowly Morphing Into Twilight (cinemablend.com)
- Eva Green to Cast Some Dark Shadows? (dreadcentral.com)
- More Talent Circling Dark Shadows (dreadcentral.com)
- Richard Gere Joining ‘Arbitrage,’ Replacing Al Pacino (slashfilm.com)
- Eva Green Joins DARK SHADOWS (collider.com)
- Film: Newswire: Eva Green gets crucial non-Johnny Depp role in Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows (avclub.com)
- “Bella Heathcote and Jackie Earle Haley Dark Shadows Favorites?” and related posts (bscreview.com)
- Eva Green Cast in ‘Dark Shadows’ (slashfilm.com)
- Eva Green Negotiating For The Lead In Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows (cinemablend.com)
- Jackie Earle Haley And Bella Heathcote In Talks For ‘Dark Shadows’ (slashfilm.com)
- Bond Girl Eva Green Lands Lead In Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows (perezhilton.com)
After Dark Horrorfest Blu-ray Double-Feature : Volume 1 -
Special Features -
- Commentary with Director Mike Mendez and Composer Joseph Bishara
- “A Grave Undertaking” Making-of Featurette with Optional Commentary
- “Making the Ghosts” Making-of Featurette
- Original Trailer with Optional Commentary
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary
- Storyboard Galleries
Joe’s Thoughts – Interesting idea, though doubtful it has the making for a good film. Haven’t seen it yet so I really can’t judge.
Wicked Little Things – Recently widowed Karen Tunny and her two daughters, Sarah and Emma, move to a remote home which Karen has inherited from the family of her late husband. However, she is unaware that the home is situated near an old mine, the site of an early 20th century tragedy in which many children were buried alive…
Special Features -
After Dark Horrorfest Blu-ray Double-Feature : Volume 2 -
Borderland Unrated Director’s Cut – On the eve of their graduation, three Texas University students travel to a Mexican border town and fall prey to an ancient cult hell-bent on finding candidates for human sacrifice.
Special Features -
- Rituales de Sangre – The True Story Behind the Cult Murder Investigation
- Audio Commentary with Director Zev Berman, Actor Brian Presley, Director of Photography Scott Kevan and Producer Laure Moews
- Inside Zev’s Head: A Filmmaker’s Diary
- Miss Horrorfest Contest Webisodes
Joe’s Thoughts – Haven’t seen this yet. Interesting idea. Could be good or really lame.
Crazy Eights – Six people are united for a journey through their long-abandoned childhood home: a home with a terrible secret and a mysterious dead girl who will lead them to their strange fates.
Special Features -
- Miss Horrorfest Webisodes
Joe’s Thoughts – Nice cast with Dina Meyer, Gabrielle Anwar, Frank Whaley and Traci Lords (yes the former porn star). Sounds like it could be a really good one. Looking forward to seeing this for the first time.
After Dark Horrorfest Blu-ray Double-Feature : Volume 3 -
The Broken – A successful radiologist (Lena Headey) watches her life spiral out of control after she sees the spitting image of herself driving down a London street.
Special Features -
- Miss Horrorfest Webisodes
Joe’s Thought’s – I saw this before. Like Wicked Little Things this is elevated by the star, namely Lena Headey (Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles, 300). A good mystery-thriller. Interested in seeing this again because it’s been awhile and I don’t remember too much about it.
The Butterfly Effect 3: Revelations – When a man with the ability to travel through time intervenes with the past, all hell breaks loose.
Special Features -
Miss Horrorfest Webisodes
Joe’s Thoughts – I thought this film was vastly underrated. It’s my favorite of this bunch (the one’s I have seen so far). In fact, I think the entire Butterfly Effect trilogy was overlooked by many because all three films sport interesting ideas and good-solid stories. There is a very graphic sex scene in this one so maybe that hurt it somewhat. If you are a fan of mystery-thrillers you should check this one out.
After Dark Horrorfest Blu-ray Double-Feature : Volume 4 -
The Graves – After being lured to a mysterious mining town, two sisters must unleash their most primitive instincts to battle unspeakable horrors – both human and supernatural.
Special Features -
- Audio Commentary with Brian Pulido
- Audio Commentary with Francisca Pulido and Adam Goldfine
- The Graves: Behind the Screams
- Sound Designing The Graves
- Plan to Actual
- Spot the Gnome
- “Vampires Don’t Exist” Music Video by Calabrese
- Producer’s Trailer
Zombies Of Mass Destruction – A conservative island community is under attack – from brain-eating zombies! Now it’s up to a ragtag group of rebels to repeal the hordes of the undead.
Special Features -
The Making of Zombies of Mass Destruction -
Overall I think Lionsgate did a very nice job here. My major complaint is a lack of extras as the volumes went on. I would have really liked to have seen some extras on The Broken and Butterfly Effect 3. Can’t complain too much. I’m just glad these are now on Blu-ray and hope for similar transfers for the other After Dark Horrorfest films.
- After Dark Horrorfest Double Feature To Die For The Gravedancers / Wicked Little Things DVD Review – Terrific Package Deal (screenhead.com)
- After Dark Films Announces Seventh Original Title SECONDS APART (geektyrant.com)
- Latest News On After Dark Originals Scarecrow Film HUSK (geektyrant.com)
- DVD and Blu-Ray Releases: January 4th – Exorcise Your Machete With A Case (dreadcentral.com)
- San Diego Comic-Con 2010: After Dark’s Ghoulish Plans! Win a 32 Gig iPad! (dreadcentral.com)
- RICHARD CHRISTY Holiday Horrorfest Announced (bravewords.com)
- The AFTER DARK ORIGINALS Begin Their Theater Run On January 28th (geektyrant.com)
- Exclusive Poster Debut – After Dark Originals Alien Terror Flick – 51 (dreadcentral.com)
- Exclusive Blu-ray / DVD Clip: The Last Exorcism (dreadcentral.com)
- More Details – After Dark Originals: Husk (dreadcentral.com)
- More Bonus Clips: Death Race 2 Blu-ray and DVD (dreadcentral.com)
- “‘Incredibles’ Blu-ray + Cars BD reissue on April 12″ and related posts (pixarblog.blogspot.com)
- “Disc Deals and Steals: Inception Dreams Big on Blu-ray” and related posts (insidepulse.com)
- Review: LG BD590 Blu-ray player (macworld.com)