You can read an interview James Cameron Online did with author Ian Nathan here – http://www.jamescamerononline.com/TerminatorVault.htm
I saw American Reunion a few months ago and felt compelled to buy it I just loved it that much I had to add it to my Blu-ray collection. That and American Wedding were my two favorite sequels outside of the original no knock on American Pie 2 I just felt the latter two movies had stand-out stories. How was it having the entire gang from the original film back in American Reunion? I happen to love the film but it felt like the perfect wrap-up to the series tying up all loose ends it seems. Is the series done or is it possible for more American Pie sequels in the future?
Around the time of making American Pie 2 was a busy time for me. I remember filming Stealing Sinatra, Halloween Resurrection and Rules of Attraction all in the same year. I thought that it would be cool that my first horror movie was part of the Halloween legacy. I also got the chance to choose between a couple of characters. I could either die 3rd in the film or 3rd to last. I’ve seen so many horror movies and knowing all the pitfalls I thought it would be so cool to be a semi-recognizable face but die much earlier than the audience expected. My own little inside joke.
- Product placement in pictures: American Reunion (brandsandfilms.com)
- Seann William Scott, model girlfriend Lindsay Frimodt end engagement (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Upcoming Movie The Lost Tree Starring Thomas Nicholas (blazingminds.co.uk)
- Halloween Videos #2: Misc Videos (newsfromthespiritworld.com)
- Halloween- 1978 Directed by John Carpenter (mmmovieandfilmreviews.wordpress.com)
- *Mezco Halloween 2: Michael Myers Action Figure (mezcohalloweenmichaelactionfiguresale3w.wordpress.com)
- It’s splitsville for Stifler and sexy model (nydailynews.com)
- John Cho – MILF Guy #2 – American Reunion (steeshes.com)
- Seann William Scott Ends Engagement with Lindsay Frimodt (news.softpedia.com)
I just had the pleasure of watching one of, if not the best behind-the-scenes documentaries on one of my favorite movie franchises. Scream: The Inside Story premiered tonight (April 6th, 2011) at 8PM EST. Being the super-Scream fan that I am I had to watch. It would be almost sacrilegious for me to not watch this, but would it be good? Really what could they tell me about Scream that I did not already hear, see in DVD/Blu-ray extras and reading online from various sites? Well, the answer turned out to be a hell of a lot!
A rundown of some things you might not know – Drew Barrymore was originally set to play Sidney Prescott, but had a change of heart and suggested herself that her stardom could be used to throw the audience in the beginning of the film. Scream also has a haunting resemblance of a real-life killing spree which is touched upon in this documentary. Also mentioned in far deeper depth than in the past is Kevin Williamson’s inspiration for writing Scream, Wes Craven’s need for a come-back hit and the casting of Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox and others. The problems with the town and Scream’s crew are really expanded upon. The battle with the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) over rating also is discussed. Pieces of murders are cut to get the desired R rating instead of NC-17. What’s ironic is this is shown on a network uncensored whereas minor cussing is bleeped. The irony of censorship never ceases to astound me. Also the discovery of the Ghostface mask in the house flesh out the character and give him a look that was unknown going into the film, much like the film that Scream pays homage to….John Carpenter’s Halloween.
While it is well-known that the story was originally titled Scary Movie (which of course became the title of the spoof of Scream, which is part spoof itself) was changed to Scream, it is not as well known that Michael Jackson’s song Scream helped decide the name-change. Not only was he the King of Pop but he helped define one of the most successful horror series ever in film. Of course the documentary sets up the upcoming Scre4m coming to theaters near you on April 15th, 2011
- Check out the trailer for A&E’s SREAM Documentary- SCREAM: THE INSIDE STORY (geektyrant.com)
- Scream 4 Soundbites: Wes Craven (dreadcentral.com)
- Interview: Scream 4 Director Wes Craven On Keeping The Franchise Alive (cinemablend.com)
- ‘SCREAM 4’ GUEST BLOG: Wes Craven Looks Back On The Decade Of Horror Since ‘Scream 3’ (moviesblog.mtv.com)
- Scream: The Inside Story Webclips Now Online! (dreadcentral.com)
- Scream 4 Soundbites: Neve Campbell, David Arquette, Courteney Cox (dreadcentral.com)
- BIO Presents “Scream: The Inside Story” (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
- ‘Scream 4’: See new EW cover! (popwatch.ew.com)
- Debut Trailer: Scream: The Inside Story (dreadcentral.com)
- Framed: Scream (moviefone.com)
JH – You’ve been on cult TV shows like Highlander: The Series and the fifth film
in the movie series Highlander: The Source and Dark Shadows during the 90’s as well as films like Last Rites and Love Potion No. 9, do you have any special stories to share from your career with your die-hard fans?
AP – There are many stories that I don’t have time to tell. But on The Source we spent many days trying to shoot the absurd amount of action in the non-existent time we had to do it. Dark Shadows gave me the opportunity to be visited by a real ghost or presence that I felt during filming at Greystone mansion. Last Rites, I ate cockroaches in the salad that was prepared in our honor at a buffet, and Love Potion Number 9 Sandra Bullock still owes me a necklace after she jumped on my back accidently pushing me into a wall, cracking the one I was wearing. LOL
JH – Little known fact that you were a dancer and choreographer. Who did you work with and what music videos did you appear in?
AP – My dancing days were when I was doing travelling shows for sportswear companies like Adidas, Colmar, Head and a bunch of others. It was a great time to be young and single. The music videos I did were with Sheena Easton and Duran Duran.
JH – Who are the major influences on your career, which actors inspire you and your work and who would you love to work with?
JH – Are there any special parts you wish you could have done, turned down, or would love to do in the future?
AP – Well there are a couple. Bond would have been fun but now that is gone. I like playing roles that excite me and the script has a lot to do with that. So I will wait for the script that makes me say, “yes this is really a role I want to do”.
Click the pictures to read the full interview with Adrian Paul @ Movie-Vault.com!
- The Highlander Remake Is Slowly Morphing Into Twilight (cinemablend.com)
- Eva Green to Cast Some Dark Shadows? (dreadcentral.com)
- More Talent Circling Dark Shadows (dreadcentral.com)
- Richard Gere Joining ‘Arbitrage,’ Replacing Al Pacino (slashfilm.com)
- Eva Green Joins DARK SHADOWS (collider.com)
- Film: Newswire: Eva Green gets crucial non-Johnny Depp role in Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows (avclub.com)
- “Bella Heathcote and Jackie Earle Haley Dark Shadows Favorites?” and related posts (bscreview.com)
- Eva Green Cast in ‘Dark Shadows’ (slashfilm.com)
- Eva Green Negotiating For The Lead In Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows (cinemablend.com)
- Jackie Earle Haley And Bella Heathcote In Talks For ‘Dark Shadows’ (slashfilm.com)
- Bond Girl Eva Green Lands Lead In Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows (perezhilton.com)
JH – Circle is like an Independent version of a film like Seven, did you get that feel or was it just me?
AO – Is it because I remind you of Gwyneth Paltrow? Awe… Shucks 😉 Actually, I do get what you mean. Not in the film’s specifics, nor plot, but in that it investigates the mind of a thrilling serial killer. Most people are fascinated by the minds and motivations behind the people who commit such horrid acts. Diving into the guts of these types is what makes these two films both equally thrilling and horrific.
JH – What are some of your favorite films?
AO – Excluding any films me my husband and I have been in… I can’t name them all, there are many, but here are some off the top of my head : Empire of the Sun, The Royal Tannenbaums, Little Miss Sunshine, Food Inc, Avatar, South Park, Ghostbusters, Sense and Sensibility, A Clockwork Orange, The Shawshank Redemption, Big, The Green Mile
JH – Your film credits show some very recognizable films like the remake of Friday the 13th, Iron Man, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen along with films like Bitch Slap, Neighbor and Circle. What are some of your favorite roles to date?
AO – Well, I love them all for different reasons. I loved working with Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow in Iron Man. I loved becoming a part of the Friday the 13th family. I loved getting to play a Kubrick style killer in Neighbor. It was great fun to be in a tiny part of a summer blockbuster like Transformers 2 and getting to be on set to watch how such amazing effects are developed in a film so grand. In circle, I loved being a bit of the comic relief in a thriller/horror. I think my role in Bitch Slap was my favorite for the reason that I got to do things with that character that are only usually reserved for men in films. I love being over the top, and there was no ceiling on what happens in Bitch Slap land!
JH – Bitch Slap looks like an amazingly fun Grindhouse-style film, was it as fun to shoot as it looks?
AO – Bitch Slap is fun now, but was such hard work, we didn’t have much time for fun while filming. Most of the fun we had was enjoying promoting the film and hearing the reaction from Bitch Slapping fans 😉
JH – What’s your favorite scary movie? (Sorry can’t help it. I’m a big Scream fan!)
AO – Audrey Rose.
JH – Speaking of Scream – Neve Campbell, what’s she like and how are you sisters-in-law getting along?
AO – She’s amazing! She’s one of the most beautiful, generous, open hearted, and talented people I know.
JH – Do you know if she was happy doing Scream 4 and if she had any interesting stories?
AO – Ha ha! I haven’t heard any anecdotes from her yet as she’s busy and traveling. All I know is that my husband went out to Michigan and spent time with the cast at some point and couldn’t have had a nicer time and said nicer things about everyone he met there. Sounds like a great group of people. I’m looking forward to seeing it!
Click the picture to read my amazing interview with the beautiful actress/singer America Olivo @ Movie-Vault.com!
- Bitch-Slap Cancer: Edgy New Card Honors Breast Cancer Awareness Month (prweb.com)
- Star in Focus: Gwyneth Paltrow (amog.com)
- Spider-Man actress sidelined (cbc.ca)
- Spider-Man actress sidelined after concussion (hollywood.com)
- Spidey Actress Hit By Rope, Suffers Concussion, Tweets Greeting (businessweek.com)
- After Another Spider-Man Musical Injury, Actress Replaced by Playboy Model (observer.com)
- ‘Spider-Man’ Becomes Broadway’s Most Dangerous Production as Third Actor Injured (foxnews.com)
- Leighton Meester: I Love Gwyneth Paltrow’s “Dirty Jokes” (omg.yahoo.com)
- Concussion Sidelines ‘Spider-Man’ Actress (artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Gwyneth Paltrow: actress, singer, southern farmer? (reuters.com)
- Brad Womack: Bitch-Slapped in Bachelor Promo! (thehollywoodgossip.com)