I saw American Reunion a few months ago and felt compelled to buy it I just loved it that much I had to add it to my Blu-ray collection. That and American Wedding were my two favorite sequels outside of the original no knock on American Pie 2 I just felt the latter two movies had stand-out stories. How was it having the entire gang from the original film back in American Reunion? I happen to love the film but it felt like the perfect wrap-up to the series tying up all loose ends it seems. Is the series done or is it possible for more American Pie sequels in the future?
Around the time of making American Pie 2 was a busy time for me. I remember filming Stealing Sinatra, Halloween Resurrection and Rules of Attraction all in the same year. I thought that it would be cool that my first horror movie was part of the Halloween legacy. I also got the chance to choose between a couple of characters. I could either die 3rd in the film or 3rd to last. I’ve seen so many horror movies and knowing all the pitfalls I thought it would be so cool to be a semi-recognizable face but die much earlier than the audience expected. My own little inside joke.
- Product placement in pictures: American Reunion (brandsandfilms.com)
- Seann William Scott, model girlfriend Lindsay Frimodt end engagement (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Upcoming Movie The Lost Tree Starring Thomas Nicholas (blazingminds.co.uk)
- Halloween Videos #2: Misc Videos (newsfromthespiritworld.com)
- Halloween- 1978 Directed by John Carpenter (mmmovieandfilmreviews.wordpress.com)
- *Mezco Halloween 2: Michael Myers Action Figure (mezcohalloweenmichaelactionfiguresale3w.wordpress.com)
- It’s splitsville for Stifler and sexy model (nydailynews.com)
- John Cho – MILF Guy #2 – American Reunion (steeshes.com)
- Seann William Scott Ends Engagement with Lindsay Frimodt (news.softpedia.com)
I just had the pleasure of watching one of, if not the best behind-the-scenes documentaries on one of my favorite movie franchises. Scream: The Inside Story premiered tonight (April 6th, 2011) at 8PM EST. Being the super-Scream fan that I am I had to watch. It would be almost sacrilegious for me to not watch this, but would it be good? Really what could they tell me about Scream that I did not already hear, see in DVD/Blu-ray extras and reading online from various sites? Well, the answer turned out to be a hell of a lot!
A rundown of some things you might not know – Drew Barrymore was originally set to play Sidney Prescott, but had a change of heart and suggested herself that her stardom could be used to throw the audience in the beginning of the film. Scream also has a haunting resemblance of a real-life killing spree which is touched upon in this documentary. Also mentioned in far deeper depth than in the past is Kevin Williamson’s inspiration for writing Scream, Wes Craven’s need for a come-back hit and the casting of Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox and others. The problems with the town and Scream’s crew are really expanded upon. The battle with the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) over rating also is discussed. Pieces of murders are cut to get the desired R rating instead of NC-17. What’s ironic is this is shown on a network uncensored whereas minor cussing is bleeped. The irony of censorship never ceases to astound me. Also the discovery of the Ghostface mask in the house flesh out the character and give him a look that was unknown going into the film, much like the film that Scream pays homage to….John Carpenter’s Halloween.
While it is well-known that the story was originally titled Scary Movie (which of course became the title of the spoof of Scream, which is part spoof itself) was changed to Scream, it is not as well known that Michael Jackson’s song Scream helped decide the name-change. Not only was he the King of Pop but he helped define one of the most successful horror series ever in film. Of course the documentary sets up the upcoming Scre4m coming to theaters near you on April 15th, 2011
- Check out the trailer for A&E’s SREAM Documentary- SCREAM: THE INSIDE STORY (geektyrant.com)
- Scream 4 Soundbites: Wes Craven (dreadcentral.com)
- Interview: Scream 4 Director Wes Craven On Keeping The Franchise Alive (cinemablend.com)
- ‘SCREAM 4’ GUEST BLOG: Wes Craven Looks Back On The Decade Of Horror Since ‘Scream 3’ (moviesblog.mtv.com)
- Scream: The Inside Story Webclips Now Online! (dreadcentral.com)
- Scream 4 Soundbites: Neve Campbell, David Arquette, Courteney Cox (dreadcentral.com)
- BIO Presents “Scream: The Inside Story” (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
- ‘Scream 4’: See new EW cover! (popwatch.ew.com)
- Debut Trailer: Scream: The Inside Story (dreadcentral.com)
- Framed: Scream (moviefone.com)