JH – You’ve been on cult TV shows like Highlander: The Series and the fifth film
in the movie series Highlander: The Source and Dark Shadows during the 90’s as well as films like Last Rites and Love Potion No. 9, do you have any special stories to share from your career with your die-hard fans?
AP – There are many stories that I don’t have time to tell. But on The Source we spent many days trying to shoot the absurd amount of action in the non-existent time we had to do it. Dark Shadows gave me the opportunity to be visited by a real ghost or presence that I felt during filming at Greystone mansion. Last Rites, I ate cockroaches in the salad that was prepared in our honor at a buffet, and Love Potion Number 9 Sandra Bullock still owes me a necklace after she jumped on my back accidently pushing me into a wall, cracking the one I was wearing. LOL
JH – Little known fact that you were a dancer and choreographer. Who did you work with and what music videos did you appear in?
AP – My dancing days were when I was doing travelling shows for sportswear companies like Adidas, Colmar, Head and a bunch of others. It was a great time to be young and single. The music videos I did were with Sheena Easton and Duran Duran.
JH – Who are the major influences on your career, which actors inspire you and your work and who would you love to work with?
JH – Are there any special parts you wish you could have done, turned down, or would love to do in the future?
AP – Well there are a couple. Bond would have been fun but now that is gone. I like playing roles that excite me and the script has a lot to do with that. So I will wait for the script that makes me say, “yes this is really a role I want to do”.
Click the pictures to read the full interview with Adrian Paul @ Movie-Vault.com!
- The Highlander Remake Is Slowly Morphing Into Twilight (cinemablend.com)
- Eva Green to Cast Some Dark Shadows? (dreadcentral.com)
- More Talent Circling Dark Shadows (dreadcentral.com)
- Richard Gere Joining ‘Arbitrage,’ Replacing Al Pacino (slashfilm.com)
- Eva Green Joins DARK SHADOWS (collider.com)
- Film: Newswire: Eva Green gets crucial non-Johnny Depp role in Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows (avclub.com)
- “Bella Heathcote and Jackie Earle Haley Dark Shadows Favorites?” and related posts (bscreview.com)
- Eva Green Cast in ‘Dark Shadows’ (slashfilm.com)
- Eva Green Negotiating For The Lead In Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows (cinemablend.com)
- Jackie Earle Haley And Bella Heathcote In Talks For ‘Dark Shadows’ (slashfilm.com)
- Bond Girl Eva Green Lands Lead In Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows (perezhilton.com)
Former drug kingpin Carlito Brigante (Al Pacino, Righteous Kill) is released from prison on a legal technicality by his cocaine-addicted lawyer David Kleinfeld (Sean Penn, Mystic River) and stuns his former underworld peers by living up to his vow of going straight, turning his back on his former life of crime. If only it were that easy. Carlito finds reason to stick to his guns when he comes across his former love Gail (Penelope Ann Miller, The Messengers) and rekindles their love affair. But everywhere Carlito turns, from his lawyer to his business co-owning a trendy yet somewhat sleazy nightclub where he is reminded of his past by an admiring young up-and-coming gangster Benny Blanco (John Leguizamo, Assault On Precinct 13). Flanked by his right-hand man Pachanga (Luis Guzman, Boogie Nights) he rebuffs Benny’s attempts at buying his idol a drink. No matter what Carlito does his past seems to come back to haunt him and threaten his present and his future. All he knows is this time around, he has to do it Carlito’s Way.