Machete (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) – From Director Robert Rodriguez (Grindhouse, Sin City) comes an action-packed, cutting-edge serving of carnage asada…and the sharpest way to see it is on Blu-ray, with killer deleted scenes that deliver more guns, more girls and more Machete action!
Set up, double-crossed and left for dead, Machete (Danny Trejo) is an ass-kicking ex-Federale who lays waste to anything that gets in his path. As he takes on hitmen, vigilantes and a ruthless drug cartel, bullets fly, blades clash and the body count rises. Any way you slice it, vengeance has a new name – Machete.
Disc 1 –
- Machete in High Definition
- Audience Reaction Track
- Exclusive Deleted Scenes
Disc 2 –
- Digital Copy of Machete
Joe’s Thoughts – If you’ve seen the Machete fake trailer on Grindhouse you know you’re in for an action-packed thrill ride with women, blood and Danny Trejo at his best. This is probably the most-anticipated movie in quite awhile. If you think this is a bad movie, you just don’t get it. It is meant to be bad! Remember the movies from the days of drive-inn’s and Grindhouse theaters? This is supposed to be a throwback to those days. Filled with a stunning cast of who’s-who in Hollywood from De Niro to Alba, Michelle Rodriguez to Jeff Fahey and Steven Seagal to Cheech Marin and Lindsay Lohan all while “introducing” Don Johnson. This should be a film that will make you laugh and wow you with action and beautiful women. I can’t wait to view/review this one!
- Machete on Blu-ray and DVD (media.gunaxin.com)
- Exclusive Deleted Scene – Meet the Twins in Machete (dreadcentral.com)
- Feliz Navidad! A Public Service Announcement from Machete (dreadcentral.com)
- 6Q: Danny Trejo (gunaxin.com)
- Machete Slices His Way to Home Video (dreadcentral.com)
- Exclusive ‘Machete’ Deleted Scene: Robert De Niro Teases Jessica Alba (moviefone.com)
- Danny Trejo Talks Machete (dreadcentral.com)
- The Best DVDs Of 2010 (cinemablend.com)
- Gunaxin Show #46 – Danny Trejo and Dating with Benefits (podcasts.gunaxin.com)
- Universal Readying Death Race 3 (dreadcentral.com)
- MACHETE KILLS Script Has Been Completed (geektyrant.com)
- More Machete On Its Way! Sequel Script Already Completed! (perezhilton.com)
- Hobo With A Shotgun Trailer This Just Might Be The Next Machete (robthemovieguy.wordpress.com)
- Machete Premieres in LA: Attracts Beautiful Lowriders. (ridelust.com)
- Machete – review (guardian.co.uk)
- 1 reviews of Machete (rateitall.com)
- DVD and Blu-Ray Releases: January 4th – Exorcise Your Machete With A Case (dreadcentral.com)
Warning – This film is not for kids, those who can’t enjoy a Grindhouse type film or those who can’t stomach violent-rape exploitation films. This is basically a current take on a 70’s heavily-nude exploitation flick. Also has necrophilia in one scene.
In the tradition of films such as : I Spit on Your Grave and Ms.45 as well as the films from Grindhouse (Death Proof & Planet Terror) comes: Run!, Bitch Run! This is action-packed and thrills at times, putting a beautiful innocent young woman against a violent group of sex-depraved degenerates. Catherine (newcomer Cheryl Lyone) and Rebecca (Playboy’s Christina DeRosa) are typical Catholic school girls selling Bibles door-to-door when they pick the wrong address. Catherine eventually escapes and, dressed as a nurse, returns to seek vengeance on those that did her and her friend harm.
This is a fun film as a throwback “bad film” or Grindhouse film. This is the type of movie that used to get big play in Drive-Inn theaters. Ultimately this is a revenge movie which is where it drew me in. Excessive drugs, violence and nudity are hard to get by most likely for a large audience, but this should appeal to males 18-35. Women might like the 3rd act where the woman sets out for revenge, but I can’t see women liking this film much. I’d recommend a rental and buying this only for hardcore Grindhouse films. If you liked Tarantino & Robert Rodriguez’s Grindhouse you might like this. This film doesn’t hold back like those did.
As with all my reviews you can click the pic to go read my full review @ Movie-Vault.com.