#29 – The Last House On The Left
Reason Why – The Last House On The Left spooks is because of the utter reality of it all. This could happen unlike a lot of horror movies. Unlikely, but very possible and I’ve read stranger and seen stranger things on the news. This remake is much more appealing than Craven’s original which was more like torture porn most of the time. There were elements of the original I liked more, but for the overall experience this one blew Craven’s original away. Monica Potter was nice in this and it’s been awhile since she was last seen (was it Saw?). Anyway this delivers the scares in a much more down-to-earth way than the original while maintaining the horror of it all. Give it a chance if you haven’t seen it.
Does it hold up? – Yeah, but the original doesn’t hold up.
Director – Dennis Lladis
Studio – Rogue Pictures
Followed By – No sequel yet.
- Sara Paxton and Katharine McPhee Sign Up to be Chum in Shark Night 3D (dreadcentral.com)
- My Soul to Take – Craven Loves Killing Teens (blogcritics.org)
- A nightmare on Wes Craven street (canada.com)
- ‘Scream 4’ Trailer Arrives Online: This One Packs a Much Bigger Punch (moviefone.com)
- Wes Craven Talks ‘Scream 4′ (screenrant.com)